rooms for quiet study or groupwork
computers with Internet access
At the Check-Out Desk, books, bulletins, academic scripts and multimedia are available which are directly related to the study programmes offered by the University.
In the Reading Room, users can peruse publications which cannot be checked out, scientific journals, and press. This spacious area is equipped with:
In order to check out a book, you must write down its call number. The letters found at the beginning of the call number provide information about the status of the publication:
|W, Z, S, B||M, T|
|the item can be checked
out of the Library
(for no longer than 30 days);
|the item can be checked
out of the Library
(for no longer than 14 days);
|library use only,
to be perused in
the Reading Room;
exclusively to postgraduate
Databases available at the University
Ibuk Libra – online space for accessing academic textbooks. It provides access to more than 900 books and scientific publications in the Polish language (including textbooks recommended by the University’s teaching staff). It may be accessed at home, on your personal computer or smartphone. Passwords available in the Library.
Academica – a digital library of books and scientific journals, offering more than 3 million publications. Those not protected by copyright are available for all Internet users, while those which are copyrighted can be perused on designated computers in the Reading Room of the Library.
A database offering information on emerging markets, including approximately 60 countries of Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and Middle East. It offers economic, financial and political data. EMIS Region provides complete press articles, agency articles, financial reports of various companies, expert analyses and reports.
System Informacji Prawnej LEX – a database of legal publications and Law and Administration textbooks available from the LEXOTEKA database.
Wirtualna Biblioteka Nauki – an online library offering free access to the world’s sources of information: electronic databases as well as journals and scientific publications in digital form. It provides important support in research, development, and implementation of projects and also helps students write their theses.
A collection of journals and books published by Wiley-Blackwell, including publications in the fields of Economics, Social Studies, and Human Sciences. Items whose complete content is available (among others, in .pdf format) are indicated with the symbol of an open padlock. Access available in the Reading Room.
Wirtualna Biblioteka Nauki offers access to the following databases:
Science Direct is a database belonging to Elsevier publishing house. It offers access to articles relating mainly to Economics, as well as to of Social Studies, Natural Sciences, and Medical Sciences. Access available in the Reading Room.
The digital edition of one of the oldest and most prestigious scientific journals – “Nature”. The weekly discusses discoveries made in all the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering, as well as (on occasions) Economics and other sciences. Access available in the Reading Room.
Ebsco – a package of 14 databases including complete texts as well as abstracts from the fields of Economics, Business, Social Studies, Medical Sciences, and Human Sciences. A useful source of information for students working on their term papers and theses. If you want to access it outside the premises of the University, please contact the Library to obtain a password.
A database including articles from approximately 1300 scientific journals covering the fields of Natural Sciences, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Law, Social Studies, Human Sciences, and others. Access available in the Reading Room.
Access to the digital edition of the prestigious scientific journal “Science”. The weekly provides news of recent important discoveries in the field of Natural Sciences as well as information on the role of science in the modern world. Access available in the Reading Room.
Web of Science offers access to databases of abstracts and bibliometric information, such as Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Art & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI). Web of Science is developed by Thomson Reuters.
Psychological Testing Room
Its collection includes more than 130 scientific tools, to which the most recent diagnostic methods are constantly being added. You can also find here numerous books and scientific articles on Psychometrics and psychological diagnosis.
All the tests in the collection have been officially published in Poland or have up-to-date Polish adaptations. We provide a full set of materials needed for each test (textbooks, test sheets, answer sheets, answer keys, and other useful materials). The rules of the Testing Room comply with the Code of Professional Conduct of the Polish Psychologists’ Association.
Our collection includes:
- IQ tests and aptitude tests,
- tests used in Health Psychology,
- neuropsychological tests,
- questionnaires to measure personality
- tests used in developmental psychology,
- projective tests.
The Testing Room is available during the Library’s working hours.
Materials published by the University
on an open access basis
The Publishing House of the University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw has released numerous publications which are available on an open-access basis.
Open Access means open, free-of-charge, and public access to digital scientific and educational publications. Each Internet user may read, copy, print, disseminate, index, quote and browse through open access resources, including complete texts of articles, research reports, conference materials, academic lectures, and books published on an open access basis. Users may peruse the materials with no financial, legal, or technical restrictions, at all times respecting the rights of their authors.
- Psychological perspectives on health and disease. Volume 1: Determinants of somatic and mental health. Joint publication edited by Konrad Janowski. Wydawnictwo AEH Publishing House, 2019 [file]
- Psychological perspectives on health and disease. Volume 2: Manifestation and diagnoses of health conditions. Joint publication edited by Krzysztof Kiełkiewicz. Wydawnictwo AEH Publishing House, 2019 [file]
- Wybrane systemy wymiaru sprawiedliwości na świecie. Joint publication edited by Bronisław Sitek and Damian Michalski. AEH Publishing House, 2020 [file]
- Zachowania niepożądane w zakładach karnych. Wybrane zagadnienia.. Amanda Michalska, Damian Michalski. AEH Publishing House, 2020 [file]
- The Humanitarian Principle of Punishment and the Protection of Prisoners within the European Legal Space. Maria Cristina Carta. Wydawnictwo AEH Publishing House, 2020 [file]
Please sign in with your username and password to enter the support website for Research staff.
Scientific journals online
Many of the Polish scientific and professional journals offer online access to complete articles.
Below you will find a list of selected journals available online, publishing an article in which is awarded with points by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education:
- Contemporary Economics Scientific quarterly published by the University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw.
- Handel Wewnętrzny. Research bulletin published by the West Pomeranian Business School in Szczecin.
- Ekonomia XXI wieku. Scientific quarterly published by the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business.
- Ekonomia. Rynek-Gospodarka-Społeczeństwo. Scientific quarterly published by the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw.
- Ekonomiczne Problemy Usług. Scientific journal published by the University of Szczecin.
- Kobieta i Biznes. Journal published by the Collegium of World Economy.
- Konsumpcja i Rozwój. Scientific quarterly published by the Institute for Market, Consumption and Business Cycles Research.
- Kwartalnik Naukowy Uczelni Vistula
- Nowoczesne Systemy Zarządzania. Scientific journal published by the Military University of Technology.
- Optimum. Studia Ekonomiczne. Scientific journal published by the Faculty of Economics and Management of the University of Bialystok.
- Prace Naukowe Akademii Ekonomicznej we Wrocławiu
- Przedsiębiorczość i Zarządzanie. Scientific journal published by the University of Social Sciences.
- Studia Ekonomiczne. Quarterly published by the Institute of Economics of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Studia Ekonomiczne. Research bulletin published by the University of Economics in Katowice.
- Zeszyty Naukowe Uczelni Vistula
- Zeszyty Naukowe PWSZ w Płocku
- Zeszyty Naukowe Wyższej Szkoły Bankowej
- Bank i Kredyt
- Bezpieczny Bank
- Rozprawy Ubezpieczeniowe
- Zeszyty Naukowe Wyższej Szkoły Zarzadzania i Bankowości w Krakowie
- Zarządzanie i Finanse. Quarterly published by the Faculty of Management of the University of Gdańsk.
Organizing and Management
ul. Okopowa 59, 01-043 Warsaw
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:00
Friday 08:00 – 18:00
Saturday 08:30 – 16:00
The Library during the COVID-19 pandemic:
We would like to inform you that the Library remains open and you may check out books. Students who have not registered in the Library yet should activate their library account before they can check out any items. In order to do that, please approach the Library staff with your student ID. To make service more effective and shorten the waiting time, please put the desired items on hold through our Library Catalogue. The maximum number of items that may be put on hold has been increased to 6. You may also email us the call numbers of the books you require.
A maximum of 8 readers may use the Reading Room and the Internet Section at any given time. Access to those places is only available in academic purposes. The Library’s Rules and Regulations are available here.